Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Half-Thoughts, Whole Heart...

I have started writing something for this blog, every day the past week. A different post, each day. I've been jotting down things I don't want to forget; the milestones marking some of the moments that stand out in the otherwise blurred-nonstop-movement that this week has been.

I start writing them, get just enough out to capture what it is I want to preserve, and then I look up. I see presents that still need assembling, boxes that need packing, a phone lighting up with work emails, pets that need food, vendors that need reminding or payment...

...and that's just in the evening hours, when I'm not actually at an office.

My thoughts all feel half-formed.

But my heart? Filled to overflowing.

I'll finish the posts. They're good. (No promises that the writing is stellar or anything, but they're good because the kindness of strangers and loved ones is mind-blowing... and also because the bumps in the road are amusing, and laughing at my misadventures will brighten your day.) But right now it's 1:18 in the morning and I still have four more presents to wrap.

Good night.
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I hope you have been finding *some* time to rest and take care of the bride!

    ReplyDelete